Do you want to transform your smile? If you want to brighten and whiten your teeth quickly and effectively, make sure you visit the cosmetic dentist in Alcoa. Teeth whitening is the most common cosmetic dental procedure because of its numerous benefits.
Types Of Teeth Whitening
1. In-Office Teeth Whitening
There are different ways to brighten your teeth; however, professional teeth whitening is a safe way to whiten your teeth. In-office teeth whitening treatment with blue light technology.
The dentist will apply peroxide gel to your teeth and use blue light technology, which activates the hydrogen peroxide. This helps break apart the gel faster and make your teeth whiter. Following is a brief overview of the teeth whitening procedure.
- The dentist will start by discussing the results you desire.
- Once it’s decided what shade you want, the dentist will examine your teeth thoroughly to ensure you are the right candidate for teeth whitening.
- After this, the dentist will also provide proper cleaning to remove the plaque.
- A barrier will be placed along the gum line to ensure the Whitening gel doesn’t touch the fleshy parts of your mouth, such as your gums, cheeks or tongue, etc.
- The gel will be left on your teeth for an hour, and used blue light technology to ensure quicker results.
- Next, the dentist will clean your mouth, and depending on the level of sensitivity they will recommend fluoride treatments to reduce sensitivity.
2. Tray-Based Teeth Whiteners
You can also whiten your teeth in the comfort of your home with take-at-home kits. There is a variety to choose from when it comes to over-the-counter products. However, these trays are one-size-fits-all, which means they can cause uneven whitening, or the gel may also bleach your gums.
What if you want an option where you get professional quality teeth whitening in the comfort of your home? Well, the cosmetic dentist in Alcoa provides take-at-home whitening kits that are custom-made for you. The dentist will take an impression of your teeth and create trays that will hug every crevice of your teeth and ensure you get an even whitening. You will also have minimal sensitivity. You can also opt for take-at-home kits if you want to ensure your teeth whitening results last for long.
What Can Cause Tooth Discoloration?
There are different reasons why teeth become yellow or get discolored. To find out the root cause of your discoloration, it is best to visit a cosmetic dentist who will examine your teeth and determine the type of stain and whether it can be fixed with professional teeth whitening in Alcoa. A few reasons why teeth stain are mentioned below:
1. Foods & Drinks
The most common cause of tooth discoloration is diet. If you constantly consume foods that stain teeth over time, it will cause a dull smile. So make sure to avoid the foods mentioned below
- Red wine
- Tomato sauce
- Tea and coffee.
- Cold drinks like cola
- Fruit juices
- Balsamic vinegar
- Soy sauce.
2. Smoking Or Chewing Tobacco Can Stain Teeth.
Smoking and consuming tobacco products can turn your teeth yellow in a very short time. Once you start using nicotine products, it won’t take long for your teeth to become yellow. The tar and nicotine stick to the tiny pores causing your teeth to stain and sometimes even permanently darken your teeth.
3. Poor Oral Hygiene
If you skip or forget to brush and floss, it harms your teeth and causes staining. Along with that skipping regular dental checkups, every six months can also cause discoloration.
Your age also plays a major role in the color of your teeth. As you get older, the outer layer of the enamel gets worn out, and the yellow dentin below is exposed, which is yellow.
5. Decayed Tooth
If you have a tooth infection, it can also make your tooth look discolored. An abscessed tooth is a dental emergency, and no amount of teeth whitening is going to restore its color.
Preventing Cavities And Dental Diseases To Ensure A Lifetime Of Healthy Teeth
If you want to ensure your teeth are healthy and bright, make sure to follow the steps mentioned below.
- Brush your teeth twice a day, not more or less.
- Floss daily
- Visit the dentist once every six months
- Use fluoride-based products.
- Replace your toothbrush once every three months
- Avoid dark-colored foods and drinks that can stain your teeth
Get The Smile Of Your Dreams With Teeth Whitening In Alcoa
If you are looking to brighten your smile for a special occasion or to increase your confidence, make sure to visit the best dental office in Alcoa to ensure safer and quicker results. With professional teeth whitening, you can be sure to get a smile you would want to show off!