Treatment For Kids:
The ideal time to consider orthodontic treatment for children is when his or her permanent front teeth and first molars are coming through. This usually occurs between the ages of 5 and 7 years old. By this time, crossbites, crowding, and other problems can be evaluated.
With early treatment, Dr. Martin can guide the growth of the jaw and incoming permanent teeth. Early preventative treatment can also regulate the width of the upper and lower dental arches, gain space for permanent teeth, avoid the need for extractions of permanent teeth, reduce the likelihood of impactions, correct thumb-sucking, and eliminate abnormal swallowing or speech problems.
Early treatment can simplify and/or reduce later treatment. Contact one of Dr. Martin’s three offices in Alcoa and Knoxville, Tennessee to schedule an evaluation for your child. Dr. Martin can discuss preventative measures and early treatment options and answer any questions you may have regarding your child’s orthodontic needs.
Treatment For Teens:
Every teen is a true original! Dr. Martin understands this, and that’s why teens get a treatment plan customized especially for their unique features.
The teen years are a great time to get braces! Why?
- By the age of 13 most baby teeth are gone.
- Bones are still developing in the body, which means we can help guide the growth of the jaw and bones.
- Many teens see braces or Invisalign as a rite of passage – there are sure to be a large number of classmates getting orthodontic treatment too!
We have options to help teens get healthy smiles.
- Invisalign Teen: These clear aligners are designed specifically for teens! Invisalign Teen is virtually invisible and a great option for teens that are active or involved in or with contact sports. This is the most comfortable, modern and technologically advanced way we straighten teeth. You’ll start seeing results FAST – that’s something that makes teens and parents smile! It’s the reason most of our patients choose Invisalign for orthodontic treatment.
- Braces: This is the traditional way to straighten teeth and get great results. Traditional metal braces have gotten a makeover recently with a lighter weight and smaller design. This makes wearing braces pretty comfortable and easy for most teens.
Treatment For Adults:
Braces aren’t just for kids anymore – with the latest orthodontic innovations, it has never been more convenient or easy for busy adults to perfect their smiles! Tooth alignment can be changed at any age if your gums and bone structure are healthy. Dr. Martin Orthodontics offers a variety of treatments that are designed for different age groups – including adults!
Orthodontic treatment at later stages in life can dramatically improve your personal appearance and self-esteem. Improving the health of your teeth and gums is equally important. Crooked teeth and a bad bite can contribute to gum and bone loss, tooth decay, abnormal wear of the tooth enamel and surfaces, headaches, and jaw joint (TMJ/TMD) pain.
Good news! The new techniques and appliances we use greatly reduce discomfort levels, decrease the frequency of visits, shorten treatment time, and may allow you to choose from several options that best meet your specific needs, such as clear braces or Invisalign aligners that can be worn to correct misaligned teeth.
During the initial examination, we will be able to determine the best possible treatment for your individual needs and can outline the treatment plan, longevity of treatment, and the approximate cost with you.
Bright, white teeth highlight and enhance the great smile you’ve invested in, giving you an even more confident grin!
We are proud to provide our patients with the highest quality of professional whitening options that make their smile as stunning as it can possibly be. We particularly encourage patients finishing up their treatment to undergo teeth whitening for optimal results, and we are able to offer patients concluding their treatment two deeply discounted professional whitening options that provide incredible value:
1) At Home Whitening: We are proud to offer the Philips Zoom professional whitening kit, which guarantees a bright, professionally whitened smile from the comfort of your own home through whitening trays that can be worn either overnight or for 2-4 hours daily. The cost to our patients for this professional at-home whitening option is $200 for the entire kit, which we will provide at either the debonding appointment for traditional braces or when picking up your last set of Invisalign retainers/aligners/trays.
2) In-Office Whitening: For just $179 dollars more than the kit, you can take advantage of the convenience and time-savings of having your teeth professionally whitened right in our office, a quick, painless treatment that gives you a beautifully white smile in just an hour and a half or less!
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to make your new smile the absolute best it can be through our easy, affordable whitening options!
Our Practice offers the revolutionary new technology which allows the patient to take interval scans on their phones with an App. The App then sends the scan to a portal containing AI protocols established by Dr. Martin to review the patient’s treatment progression. This allows Dr. Martin and staff to examine the patients and address any points of concern.
In addition, any questions or concerns patients have can be communicated visually. The majority of these questions can be accurately addressed without the inconvenience of an office visit. It also allows issues that require an office visit to be discovered and addressed sooner as compared to waiting until the next office visit.
Overall, this highly sophisticated system assists us in our ongoing quest to continually improve on our services while delivering the highest quality orthodontic care.
Dr. Dana Martin is committed to providing the best orthodontic care possible by utilizing the latest dental technology. We are pleased to offer our patients 3D imaging. Our 3D digital X-ray machine delivers unprecedented detail and precision to provide our patients with more accurate treatment recommendations using less radiation than traditional scans. Digital X-rays reduce radiation 80-90% compared to the already low exposure of traditional dental X-rays, and can be done much faster. Call any of our offices to schedule a complimentary consultation today!
– 3D Printing
Dr. Martin and his team are able to produce exact 3D models of patient’s teeth in order to provide superior treatment for an exceptional result. The models are used to create appliances, which are custom fit for each patient, and to quickly and accurately determine the best course of treatment.
– iTero Scanner®
iTero Element scans are engineered to work with the Invisalign system, the exclusive Invisalign Outcome Simulator, OrthoCAD®, and the OrthoCAD viewer.
The iTero Element scanner is engineered to capture 6,000 frames per second
3D High-Impact Visualization: We are able to show patients exactly what we see for a more effective chairside communication.
Real-Time Visualization: Industry-leading, open-choice imaging lets you view images in 3D.
- Patients will have a comfortable, impression-free experience
- Patients see the benefits of a high-tech, chairside experience